Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Telling 'Our' Families

My Family

My families Christmas this year actually ended up working out perfect. We were able to do Christmas together this year....the whole family, my mom and dad together, (Thank You Everyone) which made it perfect! Since Matthew and Morgan were in on our 'secret' it made it a little easier to pull off. Now, my stomach wasn't helping the situation though, cause I was really starting to show (well for me). We were getting dinner ready, and mom actually pulled Matthew aside and asked him I was pregnant? And if he had noticed I had a stomach in L.A. or not. Cause I looked like I had one now. Matthew, being the great brother that he is, told her that he hadn't noticed one and it was just the shirt I was wearing that day :).

What I decided to do, since there are quite a few people in my family, was take a copy of the ultrasound picture and write on the paper "My birthday is May 16, 2010", put the paper in individual envelopes for each couple and have them all open them at the same time. So before we prayed, I handed each couple an envelope and told them they couldn't open them until I said it was ok. The time came....they all opened the envelopes together. Much like Ben's family, there were lots of screams, hugs, kisses and well wishes. As most of you know, this is pretty much a miracle baby for us.

Of course, everyone wanted to know if we knew what were having. At that point we didn't know. Our Ultrasound was scheduled for December 31, 2009. So, my mom and Ashlee decided that they wanted to try the old wives tale, and put a needle on a string over my stomach and see if it swung back and forth or in a circle. They both came to the conclusion that it was a Boy! It was rather entertaining to us!






Ben's Family

Harvest and the Tree Lot finally came and went. Now it was time to break the news. Christmas Eve Eve Day this year we spent with Ben's family. The day went as usual. We opened gifts, hung out and did our usual Christmas events. Then the time came. I was actually getting a little nervous :) We were all in the kitchen praying for dinner. After the prayer, Ben said 'Lisa has something to tell everyone'. I kind of got a few funny looks!! That is when I told his family that we were expecting and that I was actually 4.5 months pregnant! The reactions were great. Mike screamed out loud, Stephanie was so excited and almost cried (we will have boys that are 7 months apart), everyone else was very excited also. Lots of hugs and happy well wishes went around the kitchen!

Being Sneaky

Being that this was a busy time of year for us, we decided that we would wait until Christmas to tell our families. Ben was busy with harvest and I was in L.A., helping Matthew on the Christmas Retail tree lot. So, being that I was in L.A., it was pretty easy to hide the fact that I was starting to get bigger. My clothes weren't quite fitting right, and I was having to start buying a few 'bigger' shirts so people couldn't see my 'pouch'. It was easy to hide the fact that I was pregnant to friends and family in Oregon, because when I did come home to visit I was able to wear big baggie sweatshirts, since it was so warm here :). And the main reason I did come back for a visit was to actually go to a doctors appointment. The one problem with me being in L.A., was the fact that it was 70-80 degrees out during the day and I was not able to wear bagging sweatshirts. Matthew actually knew that I was pregnant. We felt like it was in mine and the baby's best interest to let him in on the secret since I was probably going to be needing naps during the day and acting a little off!! Which I did :) All in all, we were able to continue to hide our news!




1 comment:

  1. I honestly can't believe you pulled it off!!! You are so good!!!

    ReplyDelete