Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Secret

Since as long as I can remember I have always said that I didn't want to tell people I was pregnant until I was at least 3 months along. As most of you know, I succeeded in that department!!

1st Doctors Appointment

My first doctors appointment was on October 30, 2009. We had to be a little sneaky about this appointment since we weren't telling anyone. The problem was, harvest was approaching and Ben wanted to go. So we planned our annual weekend get away before harvest around the doctors appointment so there wouldn't be any questions.

We finally got into the appointment...the doctor asked all the usual questions: How are you feeling, any problems, any concerns and so on. Luckily for me, pregnancy was agreeing with me pretty good. I had to eat every couple of hours in the beginning, but no nausea or anything....I am SOOOO lucky!!. Now it was time to hear the heart beat, or so we thought. Of course, she couldn't find one? Which Ben and I both looked at each other and were very worried. She seemed fine, but we were not. Since she couldn't find one, she wanted to do an ultra sound right then. We were very happy she wanted to. While doing the ultra sound, we were able to see a very active little baby swimming around in my tummy. Below is what we saw!




After confirming the good news, we decided that we were going to wait until Christmas to tell our families. For most, this probably sounds a little difficult. But, harvest was starting and I was going to be heading to L.A. to help run our Christmas Tree Lot with my bother. However, at this point, there were a couple people, we had to let in on 'our little secret', but they were swore the secretsy and did very well!! Thank you guys :)

1 comment:

  1. Wooohooo!! I am so excited that you started your blog!!! It's such a fantastic way to document what's going on in your life! Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete