April 19, 2010
This was a very very happy day for us!!! It was the day we were able to take Zachary home for the first time. I have to be honest, it was a little intimidating, but very very exciting at the same time. The nice thing about being in the hospital is that the nurses are there if you have any questions...and no one was going to be at home.
This was a very very happy day for us!!! It was the day we were able to take Zachary home for the first time. I have to be honest, it was a little intimidating, but very very exciting at the same time. The nice thing about being in the hospital is that the nurses are there if you have any questions...and no one was going to be at home.
Zachary was not too happy about his car seat...thank goodness he has warmed up to it now!!The homecoming went wonderfully! We got home and got Zachary all snuggled into his bassinet (Thanks Aunt Rachel) and off to sleep he went. He was/is a very good sleeper. He pretty much slept all the time. It was nice though, because he would sleep the whole time between feedings. I had to wake him up at night every three hours to feed him. He did not wake up on his own. This was wonderful for us, as I was adjusting to waking up every three hours myself. For the first, probably week, Ben would wake up with me and make sure that I had everything I needed. I actually think he just wanted to see Zachary and make sure he was ok :) But this only lasted about a week, then I was on my own. Which was ok, since Ben went back to work on the second day we were home...shocking I know. All in All the first night went as smoothly as possible!!!
I know that getting up every three hours is totally not something that I looked forward to, but I have to say, it wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be. Zachary was/is worth every minute of sleep I have missed. We can't believe how much We Love this little guy. He is the light of our life and our greatest accomplishment!!
No comments:
Post a Comment