Thanksgiving around the Stone household isn't a normal Thanksgiving. Since, we are busy with Christmas Trees and we have our Retail Christmas Tree lot in Los Angeles California, as sad is it is to say, we don't really get to celebrate Thanksgiving. I have been in L.A. for the past 15 years for Thanksgiving. Everyone asked me if that was going to change since Zachary came along. My answer has always been 'no'. Whether that is the correct answer or not, I don't know, but it is what it is. So Thanksgiving afternoon, Zachary and I were headed to the Airport to get a plane.
All bundled up ready for nap timeI have to say, I was a little nervous about our little plane ride. I was going to be taking a 7 month old for his first plane ride all by myself. That was really intimidating for me. All of the 'what ifs' went through my head. Honestly, I didn't sleep the night before because I was so worried about it. I was mainly worried about him crying the whole flight. I was worried, I would be the people I had felt sorry for so many times!! The time had come to find out the reality.
All comfy and cozy
Ben was able to take us to the airport which was nice. We get all checked in and luckily find out that there is no one the row with us. We have the whole row to ourselves, but would it matter!! Our first journey was getting through security. That was fun....I had me, Zachary, a laptop, liquid and baby food. It acutally went easier than I had expected. However, they wanted me to pretty much strip Zac down to his onsie....I was not going to do that, so I just took his shoes off, luckily that was good enough. Well, we made it through security with no alarms going off and no special searches.
AWWW Sleepy ZacharyNow it was time to board. My nerves were going like crazy!! Lucky for us the plane was not full, Zac and I got a whole to ourselves. I had the whole thing planned out, I would give him a bottle as we were taking off and then he would take a nap for the flight....WRONG!! He wouldn't take a bottle, of course, so I had to nurse him (thank goodness our row was empty). Now it was nap time. One major problem...Zac is not a baby to fall asleep in your arms. I have worked really hard at being able to just lay him down and he goes to sleep. This is one time that isn't such a good thing. Luckily, I was able to lay him down next to me and he went to sleep.....for about 30 minutes. The rest of flight went pretty well. We only had a couple crying out bursts, but thank goodness they didn't last too long. Luckily we arrived early to Orange County without causing too big of a scene. Thank you to Uncle Matthew for picking us up.
The plane ride wasn't quite as bad a I look!!
No comments:
Post a Comment